Monday, June 8, 2009

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!


The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight; because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are ' XL.'

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it ... for example I am sitting here

thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know
'why' I look this way ... I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved!

Ah ... being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.


YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN
-

I'm the life of the party...... even if it lasts until
8 p.m.
I'm very good at opening childproof caps... with a hammer.
I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.
I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and over...
I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not nearly as cute as mine.
I'm so cared for --- long term care, eye care, private care, dental care.

I'm not really grouchy

I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, lawyers, loud music, unruly kids, Jenny Craig and Toyota commercials, barking dogs, politicians and a few other things I can't seem to remember right now.
I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.
I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.
I'm having trouble remembering simple words like.......
I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.
I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen?
I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?
And, how can my kids be older than I feel sometimes?

I'm a walking storeroom of facts..... I've just lost the key to the storeroom door.

5 comments:

Tatersmama said...

Are you trying to make me laugh... or cry?
What happened to us? How in the world can I feel 16 inside, and look like I do?
And why did no one ever TELL us this stuff????

I'm off to find my Geritol and Ben Gay now.

Bz said...

"Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are ' XL.'
"
* Wonderful, considering what's coming up in a month.

Anonymous said...

And then there was the loved one that said "if I had know I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself".......

Fruitcake Sandy said...

Anonymous knows of what 'she' speaks ... that's why I'm at the rec. center at least three days a week ... I'd be there more often if ... only (sighhhhh)

Tatersmama said...

(how old are you, when you're XXL?)