Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm taking the Challenge ....

... This is official, in front of God ( and all three of my loyal followers) I do hearby announce that I am joining The 30-Day-Throw-Down challenge posted by Robynn over at Robynn's Ravings. The kicking and screaming that you hear is only the thin person trapped inside me trying to escape!!! I'm really not overweight ... I'm just under tall!! I'm not fat ... I'm just 'fluffy!'

Even a blind man can see that I'm failing at my attempts of humor ... I have an insidious, seductive, addiction that involves FOOD ... especially sweets. Sometimes I think that an alcoholic has it easier since they only have to give up booze!!! But seriously, the challenge to give up 'fast foods,' processed foods, junk foods and the like could not have come at a better time for me.

Robynn usually leaves me laughing ... I love her slant on things and she is a very gifted writer. I wasn't laughing after reading about her 30-Day-Throw-Down, though, hopefully this is a wake-up call. My dad died of a heart attack when he was three years younger than I am now. My brother remarked that Dad "lived to eat" rather than eating to live. I think about him often ... how much I miss him and what he is missing. I want to be around several more years and only I can do something about my own health. So here's to 30 days of exercise and healthy eating ... wish me luck, please !!!

I'm not going to be as brave (or as open) as Libby at Neas Nuttiness by posting my 'successes' each of the 30 days but I do wish each of my 'co-challengers' the best of luck. The reward of being healthier and weighing less is more than enough, but the $100 Amazon gift card isn't 'chicken feed' either.

2 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Hey - I'm not posting my weight, and I'm not gonna guarantee, perfect adhearance, but dang I'm going to give it my best!

Glad to have you riding along.

Tatersmama said...

I'm with Libby... I know I'm going to back-slide every now and again, but I'm giving this my absolute best! Well... maybe not 'absolute'. *snort*

I think most of my problem is lack of excercise, because to tell you the truth, Dancing to the Wiggles doesn't do much for getting the old heart rate up, does it? (unless it Captain Feathersword in his wet suit of course!)
But still... just "thinking" about what I put in my body and making healthier choices, is going to take some work!

But girl... we CAN DO THIS!