Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blogging

I started my blog back on the first of April, 2009 ... my intention was to 'journal' all my emotions, thoughts, etc. to help me while attempting yet another battle of losing weight. Then I posted some of my 'stories' from THE BOOK ... a project of too many years now about my hospice nursing career. My daughter truly piqued my interest with her own blog ... it was absolutely fascinating to read things that she wrote. Along the way, I 'met' some of the neatest, dearest 'fellow travelers' on the road to Blogville. I have become lax in both reading the many blogs that I followed as well as not posting for weeks at a time.

I have some great excuses ... and I have several drafts still on my list of posts ... I do miss many of my favorites. I don't seem to have as much time as some who blog and most certainly I'm not as clever.
I shall return ... sometime soon I hope. The 'pity potty' is stuck on my gluteus maximus ... as soon as I can dislodge myself, I'll be back.


2 comments:

Tatersmama said...

Hun, you just keep on trying to dislodge that pity potty!

You know, I think that the "secret" to blogging is to simply be yourself. The in-person friends who love you just as you are, are no different to the bloggers you "speak" to.
I'm not looking for constant entertainment, or wit or cleverness.
I just enjoy spending time with a friend... and sometimes saying very little or saying nothing really important, but saying it from the HEART... well, that's all most of us are looking for.

Bz said...

TM is right on. I stopped writing for others LONG ago.... ha... now I don't write as much, but when I do, it's for my children to maybe "hear" me down the road.
LYM
:-)