Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bear with me ... again

In this life, I am a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you are a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that, too!

When you are a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you are sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that!

If you are a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them, too. I could deal with that.

If you are a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup ... I'm gonna be a bear!!!!

2 comments:

Tatersmama said...

I was just thinking this morning, that I would love to come back as a house cat. You get fed yummy food, get to lay around sleeping all day, you're loved even when you're naughty... and you don't have to work for a living.

But a bear? I think this one wins out!
Yup ... I'm gonna be a bear!!!!

Bz said...

Bear with you again? ...ha, as I have seen this before ...was it from you... perhaps a mantra?
:-)
p.s. Did you know that female bears can hold onto an embyro for a l-o-n-g time before implantation occurs- thus waiting to get officially pregnent until their bodies are ready/healthy to carry.
Facinating. Is called "Embryonic Diapause".